I wanted to write a post regarding natural makeup and what it takes to create a full face natural look. There seems to be a misconception that creating a look that appears to be natural requires less products. The truth is, it actually still requires just as many products as a look that appears more dramatic. When you use more products, the good news is that you do end up using much less of each product so a little goes a long way.
For someone who wants to keep their products to an absolute minimum, it can definitely be done but the face typically will not look as complete, potentially will not last as long throughout the day, and might not look as flawless by the end. As a professional makeup artist, my visual standard of perfection is much higher than the average person so that is why I will continue to use this many products because I understand how they work and the exact purpose they serve. I do not like to cut corners when it comes to any makeup application so however many products it takes to get to the end result, I will still use them.
I made a video to show every single product I was wearing today. I do not wear the same exact products every day as I do enjoy switching up the eye shadow, lip color, and blush. This is just a general idea of what an every day look for me entails. I will list the products below that are mentioned in my video:
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot “Soft Ochre” (eye shadow primer)
- MAC “Vanilla” eye shadow (lid color)
- Kiko Milano #09 eye shadow (highlight)
- Addiction “Flash Back” eye shadow (crease color)
- MAC “Bronze” (outer crease color)
- Maybelline Line Stiletto “Blackest Black” liquid eye liner (top liner)
- MAC “Teddy” eye kohl pencil liner (bottom liner)
- Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara
- Red Cherry “Wispy” false lashes
- Benefit Porefessional face primer
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Custard – Medium 1”
- NARS Sheer Glow “Deauville – Light 4” liquid foundation
- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free “Translucent” pressed face powder
- Becca “Moonstone” pressed highlighting powder
- NARS “Benares – Dark 1” powder foundation (cheek contour)
- Chanel “280 Golden Sun” powder blush
- Anastasia “Ebony” brow powder duo
- Lancome “Sable” eye brow pencil
- NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil “Bahama”
- Lipland “Fifty-Fifty” liquid lipstick
As you can see, the final look is very natural looking. However, I ended up using a total of 20 products to create it, hard to believe (I know)!